Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Testing out pictures...

Alright so I tried uploading pictures to the blog, and it takes about 20 minutes a picture. I finally got this one up though. It was taken at the orphanage we visited outside of Siem Reap. The orphans learn traditional Khumer dances and perform them all over the city so that they can earn some extra money for rice and clean water. One of the orphans (Akea? It's hard to tell what their names are because I can barely pronounce any of them!) wanted to show me and Maria (A girl in my group from Sweden) how to stand like a Khumer woman. They use that cup in numerous dances. We saw the same moves when we ate dinner at a restaraunt where Cambodian women performed the same dance. It looks easy, but that stance is actually really hard, and it hurts your wrist like none other! I don't think I'm going to be able to post any more pictures on the blog unless I get a faster connection somewhere soon. So for now I can put them up on facebook a tiny bit faster. Try and check there and see. Mom and Dad, maybe Scott will give you his facebook name so you can look on my page... unless you want to sign up for a facebook account... but I don't recommend it! Don't be one of those parents with a facebook page. Ok, sign up for one if you want. But really, don't. :) hahaha I love you.

No comments: